SPRING HAS ARRIVED!
Believe it or not, our next market on March 21st is the first Spring market of the year. Spring officially starts on March 20th, no matter what the weather looks and feels like! A sure sign we’re headed toward warmer weather; the buckets hanging on the trees to collect the maple sap!
All of this week’s vendors are listed at the end of this newsletter and on our web-site. Here’s what’s of special note for the market March 21st..
- Our 4 produce vendors have cilantro, parsley, spicy crunchy salad mix with nasturtium flowers, kale, swiss chard, Salanova heads, arugula , Batavian hearts, eggs, carrots, potatoes, onions and popping corn.
- Plum Brook Chocolates, Cato Corner Farm cheeses and Beltane Farm cheeses are all taking this market off.
- Something to Crow About dahlias are schedule to join the market with their bulbs on April 4 – another sign that spring has arrived!
Special guests (see below for more detail)
- Guest vendor -Barefoot Books
- Non-profit - First Congregatioinal Church
- Non-profit – Litchfield Energy Task Force
- Market program - Seed Exchange
Anna Gill’s column this week educates us on the shank or shin bone of the calf, beef, pig or lamb. A must read to learn how different cultures cut, prepare and enjoy them. We can attest to the deliciousness of the recipe she shares since we’ve had the pleasure of being recipe “tasters”.
Sustainable tip of the week. Check out the Seed Exchange table at the market. It will be part of the market throughout the spring and is a wonderful way to share seeds that have been successful for you, and acquire some that have been successful for others.