NATIONAL FARMERS’ MARKET WEEK
National Farmers’ Market week is 8/2 – 8/8 and we’re hoping you’ll help us celebrate it. We’ll have some special things at the market on 8/8 (think big farm tractor to crawl around on and take pictures) but we’ll also have info leading up to it on our facebook page. The Farmers Market Coalition has provided its members with lots of suggestions and tools to celebrate and we plan on including a few at our market.
Here are the happenings at the market this week and the next few.
- Oliva Cafe and Olive Oil Factory are both back with us this week.
- Winding Drive Jams joins us for an occasional visit.
- Cato Corner Farm cheeses available this week: Black Ledge Blue, Bloomsday, Bridgid’s Abbey, Dutch Farmstead, Vivace, Vivace Bambino and Womanchego.
- Something to Crow About dahlias will join the market August 8..
Of special note (see below for more details)
- Guest nonprofit – Litchfield Congregational Church
- Guest artist – Carnellian Knoll
- Guest artist – Homestead Gardening
- Guest artist – Claudia Duhamel
- Chef-in-Residence – Chef Brendan Martin
Anna Gill’s column this week is about peaches. Did you know that the origin of this wonderful fruit is China? Then, like many other foods and spices, it spread to the rest of world via the Silk Road. , As always, recipes to tempt our tastebuds are included.
Sustainable tip of the week. In this hot, humid weather remember how important it is to hydrate all living things – people, animals and plants.