HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
The Memorial Day Parade is the first glimpse of our farmers’ market sign for the outdoor season. It won’t go up at the end of Woodruff Lane until the second week in June, but it’s a reminder that our outdoor season at Center School parking lot will start on June 20th. Till then, we’re at the Community Center this Saturday, 5/23, and then again on June 6th with lots of flower, vegetable and herb planting starts – as well as early greens, leeks, scallions, ramps and all the other spring surprises.
Things of note this week. All vendors this week are listed at the end of this newsletter.
- WAMOGO Ag Science students will be at the market with their “plant sale” – hanging baskets, potted flowers and herbs.
- The Olive Oil Factory is reducing their inventory and selected products will be 30% to 50% off.
- Wild Carrot Farm will have salad mix, scallions, leeks, potatoes (to eat and seed), heirloom tomato sauce. They’ll also have plants – herbs (basil, parsley, thyme, and a few others), cool weather veggie plants (kale, collards, lettuce, broccoli, to name a few) and golden raspberry plants
- Berry Ledges Apiary and Plum Brook Chocolate both return to the market this week.
- Mohawk Bison and Sugar Water Farms will both be with us this week and then they are finished until next fall.
- Laurel Ridge Farm will not be with us this week.
Special guests this week:
- Guest artist - Tiny Gardens
- Guest vendor – Barefoot Books
- Program - Seed Exchange
- Program - Cookbook/gardening book Exchange