MARKET SCHEDULE THROUGH THE END OF THE YEAR
We’ve had a lot of questions regarding the days the market will operate through the end of the year. We have those dates on postcards at the market which you can take home, but a review of them here may be helpful.
- November markets: 11/21 then skip then skip Thanksgiving week
- December three markets in a row: 12/5, 12/12 and 12/19.
- We then skip two Saturdays (the Community Center is not open) and we’re back on January 9.
- Our schedule January through May is approximately every two weeks, but holidays, school vacations, etc., make it difficult to strictly adhere to that. Again, we have the scheduled market dates available for you at the market.
Here’s our vendor line-up for the next several weeks.
- Guest vendor Z Farm is bringing organic chicken and duck. They were scheduled to join us last week but had transportation issues. Please welcome them this week.
- Mohawk Bison joins us this week and again on 12/19.
- Savor cookies will NOT be at the market again until 12/12,
- Plum Brook Chocolate will be absent 12/5
- Winding Drive Jams will be at the market 12/19.
- Cato Corner Farm cheese cut to order available: Black Ledge Blue, Bloomsday, Dutch Farmstead.
Anna Gill’s column this week is on chestnuts. She refers to several earlier recipes, but the Crustless Chestnut Pie she offers for the first time in this column is INCREDIBLE! Are we newsletter authors lucky to taste her recipes or what?
Sustainability. In this section we pass along information and events that are connected to sustainability of energy, resources, our local farmers, etc. If there’s something in this area you’d like to hear more about, let us know and we’ll try to address it.
See you at the market Saturday at our INDOOR location – the Litchfield Community Center.